Welcome to FamilyeJournal.com
Your privacy and your family’s privacy and security are EXTREMELY important and critical to our success and your well being. For this reason, we want to be as clear as possible and we encourage our younger visitors, those under 13 years of age, to read this policy, too.
DIRECT NOTICE TO PARENTS: FamilyeJournal intends to adhere to the Children’s Online Privacy and Protection Act (COPPA). COPPA requires, in most cases, that children under 13 cannot agree to provide personal information over the Internet. For more information on COPPA visit, http://www.business.ftc.gov/privacy-and-security/children's-privacy.
This notice describes our practices for collecting, using, and disclosing personal information from all of our users, including those children under 13. Our policies are described below, for the following three categories:
- We do not intend to give out or sell to others any of the information you provide. That includes personal identifiable information and the content you enter when using the FamilyeJournal. The only exceptions to this rule would be when we are required by law to do so (for example, in response to a court order or subpoena) or in response to an order issued by a law enforcement agency.
- Any information you provide while using the Daily Experience Worksheet (DEW) will only be accessible by members of YOUR family.
- Any information you provide while using the Memo feature will only be accessible by the member(s) you select.
Your privacy is absolutely critical to our success so we take it very seriously. If you have any questions about this privacy statement, please contact us.
The Information We Collect
- All the information we collect from you will be used for statistical, demographic and membership purposes only.
- We may collect personally identifiable information for contests, polls, surveys, etc., but we still will not give out or sell that information to others.
We Use This Information To Communicate With You
- To inform you of new services or changes in service.
- When we make changes to an agreement or policy.
- To fulfill a request by you.
- To offer other products, programs, or services from within FamilyeJournal that may be of interest to you.
When You Contact FamilyeJournal
In order to appropriately respond to your inquiry, the types of personally identifiable information that may be collected (but are not limited to) include: Name, Address, Phone Number, and Email Address. We will use this information to respond to your inquiry and for general demographic data on our visitors.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We also may collect certain non-personally identifiable information when you visit our web pages such as:
- The type of browser you are using (e.g., Safari, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, etc.).
- The type of operating system you are using (e.g., Windows, Apple, iPhone, Droid, etc.).
- The domain name of your Internet service provider (e.g., Verizon, Comcast, ATT, etc.).
We Use This Information To
- Ensure that we provide services compatible with our customers’ needs.
- Improve the design and content of our site.
- It may also enable us to personalize your Internet experience.
- Analyze site usage; as well as to offer you products, programs, or services.
Collection Of Information By Third-Party Sites
What Are Cookies?
- Cookies are text files we place in your computer's browser to store your preferences.
- Cookies, by themselves, do not tell us your e-mail address or other personally identifiable information.
- To enhance your experience with our sites.
- If you choose to furnish the site with personally identifiable information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie.
- To understand site usage and to improve offerings on our sites.
- Personalize your experience at our web pages (e.g. to recognize you by name).
- Save your password in password-protected areas.
- Enable you to use shopping carts on our sites.
- Offer you products, programs, or services.
Our Commitment To Security
We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information we collect online. All sensitive areas of the website (e.g. Member Registration and Member Login) operate under Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption to safeguard against any outside parties from gaining access to your information.
How You Can Access Or Correct Information
The Family Leader is able to modify the family’s personally identifiable information through the website. This includes billing information and information about family members. Family members are able to modify a more limited amount of their information, such as their password and phone number.
For instructions on how you can access the personally identifiable information that this FamilyeJournal.com site has collected about you online, or how to correct factual errors in such information, please contact us.
Below is a list of possible personal information needed for registration and how it's used.
- Is a person 18 years or older
- Name – Used to personalize your family’s area of the website, identify you to other family members, contact information regarding membership details
- Mailing Address – Contact information regarding membership details
- Contact Phone Number– Contact information regarding membership details, and website use via text messaging selected by the user
- Gender (e.g. Male or Female) – Statistics and demographics
- Birthday – Age verification, statistics and demographics
- Email Address - Username and contact information regarding membership details
- Picture (e.g., Family and Personal) – If and when available, a family and/or personal photo will help to personalize your family’s area of the website
- Is a family member less than 18 years of age and is the legal responsibility of the Family Leader
- Name - Used to personalize your family’s area of the website and identify you to other family members
- Relationship to Family Leader (e.g. Wife, Husband, Son, Daughter) – Statistics and demographics
- Birthday – statistics and demographics
- Email Address – Username and contact information regarding membership details
- Picture – If and when available, a family and/or personal photo will help to personalize your family’s area of the website
When You Use FamilyeJournal
- Any information you provide while using the Daily Experience Worksheet will only be accessible by members of your family and designated website administrators sensitive to maintaining your privacy.
- Any information you provide while using the Memo feature will only be accessible by the family member(s) you select and designated website administrators sensitive to maintaining your privacy.
- It is NOT our policy to access the above information unless it is critical to site operation and/or we are required to do so by law.
- Specific types of personally identifiable information may be collected and used to contact individuals who participate in website contests, polls, surveys, etc.
If you have any questions about how we use the information you are sharing with your family please Contact us.
Children Under 13
If you are under 13, you CANNOT agree to give us your email address or other personal information without your parent or guardian's permission. You can surf FamilyeJournal.com without giving us your name or email address and you do not need your parent or guardian's permission but we hope that you will tell your parents about FamilyeJournal so they may learn about the site, too.
Special Note For Parents
- The site you are visiting is specifically designed to be appropriate for general audiences.
- There will never be any material on our site that is inappropriate for children.
- If a minor chooses to contact us we will take the appropriate measures to make the parents aware of this communication as required by COPPA.
- If a person chooses to subscribe to our service(s), we will make reasonable efforts to determine if the subscriber is an adult.
For more information on COPPA, visit http://www.business.ftc.gov/privacy-and-security/children's-privacy.
How To Contact Us