Counselors are a special type of mental health provider that may focus intently on a single problem area. There are many tools a counselor may use and the more tools the better. By taking a multi-pronged approach to a single issue the client may have a better chance at success.
FamilyeJournal could be an excellent resource for counselors to help their clients. Since sessions typically occur 1-2 times per week, an activity like the eJournal could be helpful in an on-going treatment capacity. Furthermore, FEJ helps involve the family even if their involvement is not directly related to the client's issue. In fact, FEJ may help improve outcomes by showing family support to the client that is purposely not directly related to the issue at-hand.
- To provide a complementary tool for counselors to use in their practice.
- To provide an activity clients can use between sessions.
- To provide a unique intervention that may help improve outcomes.
- A resource that complements traditional counseling and encourages the strengthening of family relationships.
- A simple and fun activty clients and their family can use at home.
- A great resource for kids in therapy that could help bring them out of their shell.
- A "homework" assignment with a strong chance of being used when accessed on smartphones and tablets.
- An inexpensive resource that offers quantitative data reporting.
FamilyeJournal is a fully automated, internet-based utility. Getting up and running is as easy as:
- Setup - Request a Partner Code with Sub-Groups, if desired.
- Announce - Tell your clients you're providing a program for them to use for free to help build stronger family relationships.
- Initiate - Encourage your clients to register and add family members.
- Evaluate - Monitor their progress and compare FEJ reports with outcomes.