- Hand in Hand's mission is to support parents and provide them with the insights and skills they need to listen to and connect with their children in a way that allows each child to thrive.
- LearningCandy helps families stimulate child development and helps kids succeed in school and in life. We provide products and resources that promote a love of learning in kids, give busy families tools to spend quality time learning and bonding and develop the child all-around. We also strive to promote interpersonal interaction which results in increased emotional parent-child connection.
- Qustodio is parental control designed for today’s busy, web-savvy parents. No hardware, no complicated setup—just a simple, web-based dashboard that gives you the info you need at a glance.
- Parent Success helps parents and families through free tips, columns, resources, and high quality, affordable books. We believe that the best prospect for a child's happiness is a parent content and confident with the parenting job.
- PreventionPLUSWellness and the SPORT© Program, improves adolescent behavior by promoting physical activities, healthy eating and adequate sleep. SPORT© for Families was designed to help adolescents’ look and feel more active, fit and healthy.
- Family Bandage provides the resources, assistance, and tools necessary to strengthen family bonds, encourage families to become more active and help families find ways to save time and money.
- Struggling Teens is a website for information about the many schools and programs available for troubled teens. They also have an internet radio show called Parent Choices for Struggling Teens on LA Talk Radio.
- The Family Dinner Project is a start-up grassroots movement of food, fun and conversation about things that matter.
- The Family Dinner Book - Laurie David, producer of An Inconvenient Truth, and author wants to help America's overwhelmed families sit down to a Family Dinner, and she provides all the reasons, recipes, and fun tools to do so.
- Family Day is a national movement to celebrate parental engagement as an effective tool to help keep America's kids substance free.
- Babble is intended to provide new parents help with the “real life” world of parenting.
- Center for Parent/Youth Understanding is a nonprofit organization committed to building strong families by serving to bridge the cultural-generational gap between parents and teenagers.
Kids and Teens
- HC DrugFree aims to empower the community to eliminate the abuse and illegal use of alcohol and other drugs among youth.
- Kids Health aims to provide information you can trust about kids and teens that's free of “doctor speak”.
- Discovery Girls Magazine is a destination where tween girls can connect with other girls and discover helpful tips for handling life's ups and downs.
- About Our Kids is a NYU Child Study Center program aimed to improve the treatment of child psychiatric disorders through scientific practice, research, and education, and to eliminate the stigma of being or having a child with a psychiatric disorder.
- National Association of School Psychologists is aimed to help children achieve their best. In school. At home. In life.
High Risk Behaviors
- Adolescent Self Injury Foundation (ASIF) is an organization whose mission is to raise the awareness of adolescent self injury.
- Help Stop Bullying 1 At A Time is website built for children, teens, and even adults who have been or are being bullied.
- Stop Bullying provides information from various government agencies on what bullying is, what cyberbullying is, who is at risk, and how you can prevent and respond to bullying.
- John Bradford - Sing for the Silent is a anti-bullying music video created by a high school student.
- Achieving Solutions
Kimberly Groll LCPC, CADC, CAMT, is committed to “Finding Solutions Together” and is a wealth of knowledge in a myriad
of lifestyle change areas. Her book, Dear Counselor…, is a compilation of real-world advice from her popular newspaper column in the
Sun; a suburban section of the Chicago Tribune.
Maryland Coalition of Families is the statewide voice for children's behavioral health.
Mental Health Association of Maryland (MHAMD) has been a leader in progressive programs resulting in more effective treatment,
improved outcomes for individuals, increased research and greater public understanding of the needs of children and adults
living with mental illness.
Build Better Relationships - Jenny Sassoon, LMSW, Professional Certified Family Coach & Relationship Educator for Young Adults & Parents
Teenagers Translated run inspiring, informative & imaginatively delivered programmes for Parents, Staff and Children that help
you through those turbulent teenage years.
National Center for Youth Issues provides resource materials, training and support services to advance the psychosocial,
emotional, physical, character, and life-skill capacities of today's children and youth.
Please let us know if you have a link that we should consider adding by contacting us!
FamilyeJournal is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites.
These links are provided for information purposes only and no recommendation or endorsement should be understood.